So easy to make, impossible to resist. Indulgent, moreish and wickedly delicious. A perfect treat for a party, to feed the hungry kids or even a gift, wrapped in cellophane and tied with a pretty ribbon. I’ve taken this recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery and adapted it slightly to give it a bit of a twist. I encourage you to give it a go, use what you have in your cupboard, experiment with different sweets and chocolates to make it your perfect treat.
Crunchy Rocky Road
- Rocky Road Ingredients
- 1.4 kg good milk chocolate Dairy Milk, roughly chopped
- 4 regular sized Mars bars roughly chopped
- 4 regular sized Crunchy bars roughly chopped
- 100 g mini marshmallows
- 180 g Maltesers
- 100 g dried apricots roughly chopped
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g cornflakes
- 100 g chocolate vermicelli
- Firstly line a 33 x 23 x 5 cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the chopped milk chocolate in a large bowl (I bang the chocolate in the wrapper against the edge of the kitchen work surface or table to break it up, being careful not to split it) and sit it over a saucepan filled with a couple of inches of barely simmering water. Make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave the chocolate to melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cornflakes, Maltesers and mini marshmallows into a large mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the apricots, raisins, Mars and Crunchy bars. Add these to the other ingredients in the large mixing bowl and then gently pour in the melted chocolate. Slowly mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is covered in chocolate and the dry ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Press this mixture into the prepared baking tray, using a tablespoon to flatten and compress it.
- Sprinkle the chocolate vermicelli all over the top. Leave to cool completely then cover and refrigerate overnight. Take out of the fridge 30 minutes before cutting into square, bite-size pieces.