Ok, I’m now obsessed with coleslaw! With the summer finally here and lots of holidays and celebrations ahead, I love finding easy and healthy salads that you can share with family and friends at big gatherings. Let’s get rid of that mayo and go for a refreshing burst of lime!
I had some cabbage and radishes left over from my last slaw recipe and didn’t want them to go to waste so it was time to mix it up a little.
I always have a few peppers in the house and if there are leftovers I cut them into strips and freeze. These little guys freeze exceptionally well so it’s very handy to be able to pull out a few strips whenever you need them.
Make this extra fun with some sesame or sunflower seeds, carrots or parmesan cheese. So much you can do to make this your own signature dish!
It’s always nice to have a colourful, crunchy dish on the table and the kids won’t object to this beside their hotdogs. What’s your favourite food to take to a cookout? Share with me on IG or Facebook and I’ll post it! Cheers!
- ½ head of cabbage, sliced thinly (I used both purple and green)
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup red sweet bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup orange sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice (3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONS - parmesan cheese, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, shredded carrots
- Combine cabbage, radishes, onions, peppers and parsley in medium sized bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix ONLY HALF of the dressing with the salad. Let stand for 10 minutes. Taste to determine if you need to add additional dressing.
- Top with cheese and seeds if desired.