Baked Salmon with Easy Pasta Salad is a colorful, healthy dish that is so easy the kids can help make it for a special Mother’s Day dinner! Salmon is always a popular choice and combining it with just a few flavorful ingredients will have your mom doing the happy dance all the way to the dinner table!
This delicious recipe can be made in twenty minutes and when you include roasted salmon in any dish it goes from every day to elegant in no time. The key here is your fresh herbs of parsley, dill and basil. You want a nice quality olive oil as well to enhance the flavors to the max.
I combined the ingredients from two of my readers’ favorite recipes for this easy dish – Mediterranean Salmon and Salmon with Lemon, Parsley and Dill. You can top this with feta or goat cheese as well if mom is a cheese fan.
Not only is this scrumptious but the addition of Chickapea Pasta makes this a super high protein dish so everyone can do that happy dance along with mom on her day. And you won’t want to forget the wine and flowers!
Pasta makes the perfect side dish for any meal. Share your Mother’s Day dinner with us on Instagram so we can see what you’re up to in your kitchen!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the hard working moms out there!
This post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. All of my opinions on this super delicious pasta are my own.
Baked Salmon and Easy Pasta Salad
- 4 4 ounce (113g) boneless salmon fillets
- 1 box 8 ounces (227g) Chickapea Pasta shells
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 11/2 cups (223g) grapes tomatoes, halved
- 11/2 cups (223g) zucchini, sliced thinly
- 2 spring onions, chopped. Use all of it.
- 2 lemons, for juice and garnish
- handful parsley, dill and basil
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (150g) feta or goat cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place salmon on parchment paper on baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the salad.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and rinse.
In a large bowl, add, garlic, grape tomatoes, zucchini, spring onions, basil and parsley.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Add to vegetables and toss lightly.
- Place baking sheet with salmon in oven for 8-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
- Prepare each plate with a serving of salad and top with salmon a slice of lemon, fresh dill and remaining parsley and basil.
Don’t forget to Pin it!