It is another hot and steamy day!
Your clients have been demanding cold drinks from the get-go! Then it happens.
You are out of ice! This time is the last straw.
You have fully made up your mind that it is time to get your ice maker. But- which one should you choose?
There are so many brands on the market, and you want to ensure that you purchase the best quality ice maker.
This means affordability, quality and durability are your main concerns.
Let us guide you in making that very important purchasing decision. Take a look at seven of the best Nugget/Sonic/Pellet ice makers.
Quick List of The 7 Best Nugget/Pellet/Sonic Ice Makers of 2021 Beyond.
As mentioned before, we have utilized various ways to test the Ice Makers. The grills we tested include (Click on the arrow ⇩ if you would like to jump to section) :
- (⇩) – Best Overall: Scotsman UN0815A-1 Air-Cooled Nugget Undercounter Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best for domestic purposes: RaySonics Nugget Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best in portability: LITBOOS Stainless Steel Pellet Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best versatile Icemaker: FRIGIDAIRE EFIC235-AMZ Crunchy Chewable Nugget Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best in speed: NewAir NIM040SS00 Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best newest model: GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- (⇩) – Best economical Icemaker: Northair Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
What you should look for on an Icemaker
There are several factors that you must consider before selecting your ideal icemaker. These include production capacity, power consumption, speed, and size. Other factors include:
- The number of customers served daily.
- Adequate power supply, this is critical to the operation of your ice maker.
- Compatible power connection with the type of ice maker that you purchase. You want to avoid any damage to your machine.
- Speed at which the ice maker produces ice. Ice makers for commercial use make take up to twenty minutes to produce ice. Make your judgments based on your needs.
Again, the size of your clientele will also affect the size of the ice maker that you purchase. If you have only a small space to install your ice maker and you have a fairly large volume of customers, you might have to make some adjustments so you can accommodate a larger icemaker.
If you cannot make adjustments to your current space, you should consider purchasing a countertop version.
How we rated the products
According to oberlo.com, approximately 89 per cent of consumers check online reviews before making a purchase.
This statistic is why it is important to ensure that the process we employ to review and rate products is objective and factual.
Average consumers do not purchase ice makers, so we had to seek out different groups, individuals, and entities to test the product. The ice makers were tested and rated on:
- Turn around time for ice production
- Cleaning features
- Insulation features
- Option for manual water supply
7 Best Nugget/Sonic/Pellet Ice Makers Complete List
Scotsman is one of the coolest brands in the ice maker business. They have over 50 years of experience, and their products are available in over 100 countries. They are known for producing products of the highest quality.
This Scotsman brand is only 15” wide and immediately solves your space problem as it fits easily into small spaces.
The Scotsman has a storage capacity of 36 lbs at the and produces 79 lbs per day. So you do not need to start from scratch. You will always have ice at the start of each day.
The Scotsman uses 115 volts of electricity. Other features include slide-back doors, power cord, ice scoop, and adjustable legs.
- Three-year warranty
- Stainless steel evaporator
- Long-lasting performance
- Environmentally friendly
- Limited storage capacity
- Only under-counter installation
General Electric is another trusted brand that consumers can depend on. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is a compact stainless steel.
Designed for the countertop. This ice maker produces soft, chewable ice nuggets. It boasts a side tank that produces extra ice.
The Opal produces 24 lbs of ice daily and holds three pounds.
- Portable. Easily transported to different locations.
- Does not require a connection to a water line. Water is poured in manual
- Eliminates waste- Melted ice goes into the reservoir and continues to make ice
- Smart machine- Uses BlueTooth connectivity to connect to an app on your phone. Able to monitor ice maker.
- Ice Maker is noisy
- Limited Warranty
There are so many excellent ice makers on the market. What is special about the Frigidaire brand? This beautifully designed brand is also suitable for the countertop. However, it has a larger production capacity of 44 lbs.
Another outstanding feature is the UV- light sterilization feature that kills viruses and bacteria in the machine. This cool feature gives the machine an edge over other popular brands. The machine can be plugged into any outlet and is also handy for domestic purposes.
- Produces ice in 15 minutes
- Automatic- Restocks when supply runs low
- High Quality
- Reasonably priced
- The machine is a bit noisy
- Small storage capacity
- Melted water does go back into the reservoir
This is one amazing brand in the world of ice makers. This beautifully designed nugget ice maker is quite popular. Your ice craving will be satisfied in record time as this ice maker is rated as the fastest on the market.
This New Air brand is made from stainless steel and has a capacity of 40 lbs. Concerned about harmful chemicals getting into your ice? The NewAir NIM040SS00 is constructed from BPA-free plastic, so no problems there!
- Speed- Produces ice in 12 minutes
- High-Quality Product
- Efficient- High Power cooling system
- Does not produce ice continuously
- Designed to turn off when ice bin is full
This nugget ice maker is another top brand that we recommend. This compact ice maker can fit into tight spaces. It produces crunchy nugget ice and does not eliminate flavour from your drink.
This ice maker produces ice in just 18 minutes and produces 26 1bs daily. The bin capacity is 3.3 1bs. The Tao Tronics is suitable for home, office, or even in your small business venture.
- Automatic water refill
- Overflow protection
- Easy to clean
- Limited bin capacity
Northair has been an established name in refrigeration circles for over 50 years and is well known for quality products. The Countertop Nugget Ice maker produced by this refrigeration industry giant is user friendly and compact. It produces 44 lbs of ice per day and takes about 15 minutes to produce a batch of ice.
This ice maker features a built-in fan that eliminates overheating. The machine functions when the reservoir is filled with water and the machine is plugged into an electrical outlet. The machine is equipped with an LCD screen with lights that indicate when water is required or when the ice bucket needs emptying or cleaning.
- Does not require a connection to a water source
- Reasonably priced
- Auto self-cleaning
- Limited warranty
Although the LITBOOS stainless steel pellet ice maker is the last on our list, this does not represent this icemaker’s value. This machine gets high marks for productivity. It can produce nine bullet-shaped ice cubes in ten minutes.
It produces up to 26 lbs of ice per day. The machine is quite small, 9.5x13x14.1, so you can easily remove it.
The machine is very energy efficient and is made from stainless steel, which reflects its durability. The icemaker boasts an insulated interior which makes the ice melt slowly.
- Compact size allows easy movement
- Very quiet
- Fast cooling
- Limited storage
Utilizing Research to make the Best Purchase
- Make sure that you do a comprehensive research before purchasing your nugget ice maker. Visit different websites and compare the information to help you decide on the most suitable ice maker. The rating given by other consumers is invaluable.
- They are using the product, so use their experiences to help you in your selection.
- Examine the product thoroughly to ensure that the features are in line with your needs.
- Don’t just accept the information supplied by the sales representative. Arm yourself with all the information you can get so that you can make valid queries.
- You must pay attention to the terms and conditions of the warranty. Remember that it is unlikely that you will get any redress if eth product develops any problems after the expiration of the warranty.
- Read the information in the product manual. Many consumers pay little attention to this information. All the information on how to operate your ice maker is in this manual.
- After you have purchased your ice maker, ensure that persons who operate the ice maker are familiar with all the features.
- Even if you purchase a portable ice maker, remember that the more often you move around the machine, the is more likely to sustain damage. So handle it with care.
- The machines have self-cleaning features, but you still have to ensure that the area where the machine is installed is kept clean. You also need to pay attention to the outside surfaces. Do not use abrasive cleaning materials that will leave scratches on the outside of the machine.
Now that you are armed with so much information about some of the best sonic nugget ice makers on the market, you can make informed purchasing decisions.
You should compare the various brands, assess your current needs to help you decide which brand best suits your needs. Now that you realize that there are many highly-rated brands with outstanding features, you should now be able to decide which one you can best afford.
Take that step with confidence, born out of acquired knowledge. You will be able to boost your business production or improve the comforts of your home.