This pretty salad with the delectable blueberry and zucchini will make your dinner table shine. Serve this as an appetizer for your parties or a simple side on a weeknight. With only four ingredients this takes no time at all and the light dressing of olive oil, lemon and honey is a great topper.
I love making these pretty little ribbons and it’s super simple with your vegetable peeler. I’m not the least bit artsy but these pretty veggies inspire me to create beauty for the table. I’m guessing most big eaters are going to look at this and say, ‘What the heck is that? Goat food?!” Nope, it’s just irresistible freshness straight from the farmer’s field.
You can have fun playing with this recipe to make it your own. If you can’t find pea shoots substitute arugula, chard, radicchio, dandelion greens or baby spinach. I’m thinking some walnuts might be a nice addition if you want some crunch.
If you’ve got lots of zucchini in your garden or your neighbors are leaving it on your doorstep, this is the perfect way to eat it up and get those important nutrients into the kids.
I’m obsessed with berries (as I am every summer!) and there’s lots more healthy berry recipes to come. Share your summer recipes with me on Instagram using the hashtag #simplyfreshdinners and I’ll share them with my followers. Cheers!
- 2 cups pea shoots (If you can’t find these, use any green – arugula, dandelion greens, radicchio, chard, spinach)
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small) I used one green, one yellow) , shaved with veggie peeler
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- 1/4 cup pecorino or parmesan cheese, shaved with veggie peeler
- 1½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon ( 1 teaspoon zest, 2 teaspoons of juice)
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Assemble ingredients and drizzle with vinaigrette.