Let’s talk brussel sprouts. Normally I’m not a fan of brussel sprouts. Actually when I was home this past weekend and told my mom I made brussel sprouts she almost stopped to feel my forehead to make sure I wasn’t sick.
She even asked if I was her child….funny! And why I picked them up to make is still beyond me but I did and I can tell you they might be a new favorite of mine. Of course, adding bacon may have contributed to this new liking too!
These are a great side dish even a great side for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Really easy to make too, which as you know is always a plus in my department.
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 pound brussel sprouts trimmed and cleaned, then cut in half
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare sprouts and set aside. In a large cast iron skillet sauté bacon on medium heat until just cooked and crisp. Remove bacon. Add sprouts to cast iron skillet with bacon grease and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skillet in preheated oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sprouts are cooking cut bacon into pieces. Add bacon to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until browned.