Though Pinterest the other day I came across the most ridiculous yet amazing layered cookie brownie treat! These dangerously chocolate chip brownie bars combine double-stuffed Oreos which are sandwiched between the best gooey chocolate chip cookie and warm fudge brownie.
These bars are to die for!! I will definitely be making them again.
Chocolate Chip Cookie and Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars
- 150 g soft unsalted butter
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg from fridge
- 1 egg yolk from fridge
- 300 g flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 326 g packet milk chocolate chips
- 1 family packet of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 1 box of Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 80 g fudge/chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170˚ C. Line a baking tin with baking parchment and grease it.Melt the butter and let it cool. Put the brown and white sugar into a bowl, pour the cooled melted butter over and beat together. Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and egg yolk until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
- Then slowly mix in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just blended. Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a lined baking tin.
- Top with a layer of double stuffed Oreos.
- Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 80 grams of fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.
- Cover with foil and bake at 170˚ C for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting. The brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set perfectly once cooled. Enjoy!