I get asked a lot about suggestions to boost your metabolism and if you read online, there are thousands of quick fix remedies that are just out to make a buck. I`m talking about these companies that sell pills, shakes, and equipment that are trying to convince you to part with your hard earned dollars.
Good news is that you don`t have to spend money to boost your metabolism. The solutions are natural and healthy and fitnea.com has a great article that is concise, practical and informative. Read on….
Many of us have a sluggish metabolism. This can make it really difficult to lose weight and extremely easy to gain weight. A slow metabolism can also make you tire out easily so you don’t get to enjoy all that life has to offer. However, there is good news. You can easily boost your metabolism naturally if you know how. From being able to purchase medication which you can find them online
, eating healthier to exercising, there are a number of ways that you can help to increase your metabolism, alongside the 7 ways to increase your metabolism below:
1. Early Morning Intense Exercise – A short burst of intense exercise when you first get up can do wonders for your metabolism. Dr. Oz has advocated for this method of speeding up the metabolism. The best part is you only have to do about five minutes of intense exercise to reap the benefit all day. The exercise you do can be really simple. Examples would include running in place, jumping jacks, and lunges. Of course, if you have a stair master or a jogging machine, that would work too. Just get your heart rate up for five minutes and cool down for two minutes.
2. Eat More Spicy Foods – Hot spices like curry, cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin, and turmeric all help the body speed up your metabolism. There are other “hot” spices that you may not think of as hot but they react in the body in this way. They include cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Try adding these tasty spices to your soups, stir-fries, casseroles, and other dishes. Curry goes great in some type of salads like quinoa salads. Some people love the taste of cinnamon in their coffee. Just add it to the grounds before you brew it.
3. Drink Lots of Water
– Water is magical in this way. Drink a lot of water and your metabolism will magically increase because the metabolic process needs water to fuel it. It’s even better if you make sure you are drinking alkaline water.
4.Keep Your Thyroid Healthy – To work efficiently, the thyroid needs selenium, zinc, copper, and iodine. However, the American diet is notoriously low in these important minerals. To get more of these minerals, eat more seafood and nuts.
5. Never Skip Breakfast – Unfortunately, in this fast paced world we live in, many of us have a tendency to skip breakfast or grab something nutrient poor on the way out the door. This is one of the worst things you can do for your metabolism. Always eat a healthy breakfast. This should include a healthy protein like eggs from pasture raised chickens and fruit bursting with antioxidants like blueberries or strawberries. (not a huge breakfast, small portions throughout the day)
6. Don’t Eat As Much Late In the Day
– Unfortunately, most of us eat more at dinner than we do at breakfast. We also tend to snack at night before bedtime. This is exactly the opposite of what you want to do to speed up your metabolism. Try to eat more earlier in the day and less at dinner. Plus, try not to eat for at least three hours before bedtime.
7. Build More Muscle Mass
– Weight training isn’t just for body builders. Building muscle mass should be part of all fitness programs. Even if you can’t join a gym or buy fancy equipment, you can build muscle mass. A couple of cans of food or water bottles filled with water can serve as weights for your arms and you can use those big rubber bands (cheap) or your own body weight to provide resistance to your legs to build more muscle mass. Even if you choose to build muscle mass by taking supplements like Ligandrol
, as long as you are doing it in the right way, then hopefully you’ll get the results you are after.
If you’re serious about building muscle, you might want to consider supplements to help muscle growth; check out this website to learn more about products like SARMs.
I would like to add one more important step:
8. Get between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. The National Sleep Foundation recommends this while recognizing that genetics and environment play a big role in determining just how refreshed you feel in the morning.
The NSF suggests you ask yourself the following questions: Do you feel productive during the day? Healthy? Alert? Do you depend on caffeine to survive? And do you feel sleepy when driving? These are the types of questions that you need to ask yourself if you trying to assess whether or not you are getting a sufficient amount of sleep.
Although it is difficult to adapt to all of these changes at once, I believe the most important is to eat a healthy breakfast and do not eat past 7 pm. if you can help it. If you are a carb eater and you’re craving a burger, eat it for lunch. After noon, try to stick to fruit, vegetables and lean meat.
You will find that you can be a little more flexible in your choice of foods when your metabolism has increased. Good luck!
Photography: google images
salmon pic: simply fresh dinners