I have always loved seafood, its smell, appearance, and undoubtedly its taste! Seafood represents a special section in the world of food, a section isolated from that of meat or that of poultry, it has exceptional characteristics that makes it a must have for people that are health conscious.
We cannot overlook the fact that fish, in general, have tremendous benefits to the health of our bodies, they are rich in minerals such as phosphorous and magnesium and others which the body needs to function correctly.
Some doctors also believe that the increase in eating fish or eating it regularly does not cause any harm like for example, meat, which is famous for producing many health problems.
We are talking today specifically about salmon, and among its various preparation methods, my personal best is the grilled salmon and to me it’s the most delicious and easiest to prepare.
The outer appearance of grilled salmon is more than enough to make you fall in love with this dish, and it can also be pared with many toppings like vegetables and oils (olive oil, for example), giving you several options so you can adjust the taste according to your preferences. Eating hot grilled salmon at a time of hunger is definitely an endless splendor!
Grilled Salmon with Lemon, Dill and Parsley
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets about 1 pound
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup each of fresh parsley and dill chopped.
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Wash salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towel. Place salmon into a large zip-lock bag.
- In a medium bowl add lemon juice, chopped parsley and dill, olive olive, pizza seasoning, oregano, garlic, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Whisk together until well incorporated. Pour marinade into zip lock bag with salmon and close. Let salmon marinate for one hour in refrigerator.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon and grill on both sides until cooked through or to how you prefer your salmon (about 3 to 4 minutes on each side – depending on how thick salmon is too).
- Serve immediately with sides of choice. Here I served over a bed of sauteed zucchini noodles with roasted sweet potato. Which by the way was delicious!