All our photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
Picture ID: 71069611 – Standard license – Depositphotos
There is no doubt that appearance is an essential and fundamental factor in the world of professional cuisine. The consistency of the shape, texture and colours either attract the connoisseur to eat to the last bit, or alienates him, so he has no incentive or to eat the meal presented. The first thing that crossed my mind when trying the mediterranean citrus spiced wild salmon dish is the harmony of colors. The grilled fish with multi colored vegetables plated next to it is unparalleled creativity!
I remembered that when I was a child I loved sour fruits, lemon, orange, and lime were all my favorites. Somehow I kept that part of my childhood. I love citrus! So combining that with my innate love for fish and seafood, this dish is definitely the dish of my dreams. It is relatively easy to prepare and does not require much time to complete its preparation and cooking.
Without mentioning the high nutritional value of fish and the nutrients it contains which are necessary for the body. Give it a chance, you’ll love it!
Mediterranean Citrus Spiced Wild Salmon
- 4 - Wild Salmon 4-6 ounces each
- To Make Caribbean Citrus Spice combine
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine Caribbean Citrus Spice mixture. Rub about 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of spice mixture on the tops of the salmon fillets making sure to evenly coat. You may have some spice mixture remaining which can be stored in an airtight container and used again.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat and lightly coat with a little coconut oil or other fat of choice (you won’t need much because salmon is already a oily fish). Add salmon, skin side up, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook skin side down, until salmon is opaque throughout, about another 5 minutes. You can gently remove skin by using a spatula if you prefer.
- Serve immediately with sides of choice.