All our photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
Picture ID: 260037384 – Standard license – depositphotos
Can you boil water? Of course, you can. Which means you can make this recipe. There’s nothing to it than boiling rice pasta in hot water. Once cooked, stir in eight simple ingredients and serve. That’s it. It’s easy, peasy, fun with plenty of cheddar cheese and parmesan. Imagine. Gooey cheesy spread over the heat of hot pasta. Yum. I tend to add a teaspoon or two of reserved pasta water to create a creamy consistency. I love a meal with creamy sauce.
Why is Healthy Cheesy Linguine so Good?
How else can it be described other than perfect? This dish screams time friendly. I love that it’s non-filling, but you feel like you’re serving a meal. I often use it as a healthy alternative to snacking, especially when I think it’s a good idea to skip lunch.
Perfect for summer lunches too. If you’re entertaining kids and they want something before dinner. Adding protein in the form of cooked meat or beans (if you’re vegetarian) quickly converts healthy, cheesy linguine into a delectable, filling dish. It’s also common to use spaghetti, bucatini, rigatoni, or angel hair pasta. Any noodle sitting in your pantry is good enough.
It’s shocking how well the combination of ingredients works together. They seem like an unlikely bunch, but it works quite nutritiously. For starters, this linguine recipe captures rich, peppered flavor worth having at any time and includes pecans.
Pecans are a great source of monosaturated fats that promote good cholesterol and fight against coronary artery disease. While simultaneously being dense in powerful antioxidants, carotenoids, and vitamin E. I also chose to use olive oil.
Olive oil, according to studies, has been found to consistently reduce the likelihood of developing clogged arteries when consumed once a week. The inclusion of parsley and basil spread a burst of flavor. So, you’re encouraged to add these spices. You can also add lots of extra cheese on top, or extra fresh ground pepper if you’d like.
Healthy Cheesy Linguine
- 1 pound linguine use your choice of gluten-free or whole grain
- ½ cup sliced olives or green peas
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper plus more to taste
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once boiling, stir in the linguine and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and reserve 2 teaspoons of pasta water. Return noodles to the pot.
- Mix in salt, pepper and olive oil. Slowly stir in olives, parsley, basil, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Depending on how creamy you like your noodles, add in the teaspoons of pasta water.
- Taste to add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and parmesan. Enjoy.