This sticky sweet traybake has all the normal ingredients for flapjacks but with the added flavours of crunchy pistachio, sweet apricot and chewy caramel.
Flapjacks make a great breakfast if you’re in a hurry, and the best thing about them is that you can put any choice of fruit you like in them. Feel free to use other fruits, nuts, chocolate chips and seeds.
These tasty flapjacks have several flavours that work together perfectly to produce a chewy, fruity, nutty flapjack…This bake never seems to last long in my kitchen.
Pistachio and Apricot Flapjacks
- 350 g rolled oats
- 125 g dried soft apricots roughly chopped
- 40 g pistachios roughly chopped
- 150 g melted butter
- 125 g demerara brown sugar
- 100 g golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Place the oats, chopped apricots and chopped pistachios into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and heat over a low heat until melted and bubbling. Carefully poor this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly using the back of a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20minutes, then mark the flapjack into squares. This will make it a lot easier to cut once completely cool. Once cold turn the flapjack out of the tin and cut into portions following the marks.