If you google ‘Strawberry Jam’ recipes you will get 4,390,000 results so I figured you really don’t need another one. But with basil you say?? Yes, basil! And it’s fantastic. You know I love to change things up and really, what’s the point in writing a food blog if you’re going to do what everyone else has done over 4 million times. With this being said, I do feel like it is time to switch up my Instagram account a little. Plus, I want to know how to gain followers on instagram so I can make this happen. The more followers I have, the better it’ll be for me when it comes to showing my recipes to a wider audience.
Trust me (I really do say that a lot, don’t I? Do you trust me yet? ha!). This will go so nicely with your cup of tea and scone or croissant.
You can treat yourself because this has no refined sugar. This yummy jam contains only 4 ingredients – strawberries, honey, basil and a bit of lemon. Strawberries have so much natural sweetness that we don’t need the sugar.
Did you know that one serving of strawberries contains half of your daily requirement of Vitamin C? This vitamin is a well known immunity builder as well as a powerful, fast working antioxidant. They also promote eye health, work as a prevention to cancer and help stave off those wrinkles. I use frozen strawberries in my protein shake every morning and if I miss a few days, I really notice the difference.
These fresh picked strawberries are from Barrie Hill Farms. They have a fall strawberry and raspberry crop that lasts until the end of September. Love it!
Are you a strawberry jam lover and do you make your own? I’d love to hear about your recipes and see some pics. Debbie recently sent in a great pic of her Blueberry Maple Bread Pudding and she added peaches to it! How fabulous – check it out!
Hope your upcoming weekend is fun, everyone. Cheers!
PS. If you’re not a fan of basil, simply leave it out 🙂
- 1 quart strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/4 cup of honey (raw if you have it)
- 1/4 cup of basil, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Place strawberries and basil in your food processor and process until strawberries are coarsely chopped. Don’t overdo it! You don’t want mushy jam.
- Place contents in large saucepan on medium-high heat and add honey and lemon juice, stirring well.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at a low boil. Remove from heat and transfer to a heat proof jar and let cool at room temperature before sealing and storing in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze it until use.