Have you ever wondered what to do with your chicken, that just a little outside the same old, same old? Have you ever tried Roasting radishes, lemons, rosemary, and that chicken to make a delicious dish, adding a roasted radish salad with the right amount of spices will give you a dish that you would want to eat every day? The burst of flavor you would get from the lemons and rosemary are just the beginning of all that is perfect with this dish.
No matter your favorite parts of the chicken, whether breast or tights, roasting these after allowing to marinate for a while will have you in a food high. While this recipe uses the chicken thighs, some persons would prefer the chicken breast for this method. Either part of the chicken would work just fine; marinating either part for an hour in the mixture described below will have you well on your way.
This easy to make dish can serve 4-6 persons or even 6-8 depending on your serving portions. The taste and pleasure from this dish make the 40 minutes preparation and cooking time a walk in the park. For this particular recipe, we can look at 15 for the total preparation and a 25 minute cook time, which brings us to that 40 minutes to have it nicely roasted.
Serving this roasted chicken with a roasted Radish salad gives the meal the right amount of crunch and flavor you would need. You can also change the dressing on this salad to your favorite dressing as not everyone is a fan of the balsamic vinegar, but in this case, it just may work with this salad. White vinegar is a great alternative you can try for the dressing if you so desire.
As much as we love our chicken, no one ways to be eating the same thing every day prepared in this same way. This recipe offers another option that is even more nutritious than say if the chicken was fried in oil, making the calories in comparison to fried chicken much lower.
The main ingredients for this salad are radishes, thyme, and arugula (yum). These three ingredients, along with the vinegar in the dressing, will have you licking your lips and dying to share this recipe with your friends.
This meal is fantastic for cold winter nights, just right summer days, date night, or just inviting friends over. The very smell from the oven, when all these spices and flavors combine, will spread comfort throughout your home and have you looking like a master chef.
Garnish with some of that fresh rosemary, and that’s it. Oh, remember to save me some.
Rosemary-Roasted Chicken With Radish Salad
- Roasted Lemon and Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- ● 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ● 1 small jar of marinated artichokes
- ● 2 lemons zested and juiced
- ● ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ● 3 tbs spoons Dijon mustard
- ● 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ● Black pepper freshly ground
- ● kosher salt
- ● ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ● 1 lemon thinly sliced
- ● 6-10 sprigs of rosemary
- Roasted Radish Salad
- ● 5 cups radishes washed, trimmed and halved
- ● 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ● 1 cup packed arugula
- ● 3 sprigs of thyme
- ● 2 teaspoons vinegar white balsamic
- ● kosher salt
- ● black pepper freshly ground
- Roasted Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place chicken in a large bowl with a lid after washing and drying lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and zest, grapeseed oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper together.
- Use the mixture to emerge chicken completely.
- Place the lids on the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Place chicken, artichokes, rosemary, topped with lemon slices in baking dish.
- Roast chicken and radishes for about 25 minutes in the top and bottom thirds of oven, switch the sheet halfway through, until golden or desired color.
- 165 Degree is the expected internal temperature of the chicken.
- Roasted Radish Salad
- Toss radishes with oil and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet.
- Add radishes to a large bowl. Add arugula and thyme and a small amount of white balsamic vinegar.
- Toss salad until coated