I know everyone’s super busy this long weekend enjoying the last days of summer so I wanted to sneak in this extra post for the kids. This is a quick and easy treat that will get some nutritious fruits into your little ones and beat the heat at the same time. It takes less than 5 minutes of prep time so you’ll love it!
You’ll have to be the judge of how much honey you add but I’m suggesting a tablespoon. I’m hearing from a few readers that their melons are not as sweet as they would like so be sure to do a taste test before you put it in the freezer to set.
This is great as a dessert or when the kids are hungry mid-afternoon, this will tide them over till dinner. They won’t even know it’s good for them!
This is a super quick post because I want to get out and enjoy the sunshine this weekend, too 🙂 Cheers!
- cantaoupe, cubed, about 2 cups
- strawberries, washed, hulled, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (do the taste test, may require more)
- 1.5 cups ice (if using frozen strawberries, use 1 cup)
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse until mushy but some chunks still left.
- Transfer to an open container and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with fresh mint if desired.