All our photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission.
Picture ID: 55113721 – Standard license – Depositphotos
If you want a yummy and nutritious chilled soup that can fit right into those hot summer days, boy, do I have a treat for you!
This treat is the perfect mix of melons, cantaloupe, and strawberries, your favorite yogurt with just the right amount of honey. Simple and fresh, plus it is a great way to use up those strawberries and watermelons you have lying around.
This recipe is excellent if you are not in the mood to cook, as a food processor or blender can be used to craft this beautiful creation. This smooth, pureed taste will have you looking forward to more. You will not believe the taste for such a small amount of preparation and work. Blend your ingredients together; Add it to the freezer in a few hours you are ready to dig in.
Maybe it’s the honey, or maybe its the yogurt but I guess we will have to taste it to find out. You can get this done in under 20 minutes, depending on how much you play with it. Then you can garnish this beauty and enjoy it; you will be happy that you did.
Now let us look at what you need to get this done:
Strawberry Watermelon Soup With Mint Leaves
- 2 small or 1 large cantaloupe Seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ cups of chopped strawberries not too thin
- ½ cup Greek low-fat Yogurt
- 1 tbs natural honey
- ¾ tbs minced garlic
- 1 side of a lime
- A dash of fresh mint leaves
- Strawberry cuts for garnish
- Lime cuts
- Add melon, strawberries, yogurt, honey, and ginger and lime juice in a blender or processor.
- Blend until smooth
- If more thickness is required, divide equally into two parts, add additional yogurt and honey.
- Chill for 90 minutes or as long as 2 days. Add strawberries, mint leaves, and lime cuts to decorate.
- Serve and enjoy.