Quirky and Healthy Cabbage Salad
From meats to carbs, this cabbage salad serves as a low-calorie side to any dish. There are several varieties of cabbage including white, purple, red and green with either wrinkled or smooth leave.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 5 People
- 6 cups thinly sliced cabbage (roughly ½ a cabbage head)
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 cups thinly sliced lettuce
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 cup pineapple or mandarin oranges chopped
- ½ cup mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or sriracha/chili sauce
Wash and chop the vegetables
Add the dressing ingredients to a jar, shake well.
Add cabbage, pineapple, and carrots to a bowl or storage container. In a separate bowl add lettuce, tomatoes, and apple.
Pour ½ the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Place in the fridge or serve immediately.
When serving, combine the cabbage mixture with the lettuce and apples, and top with nuts and sesame seeds.
If desired, add more dressing or serve honey on the side.