Roasted Herb Tomatoes
flavorful and adaptable heart-healthy dish, that takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 12-20 cherry tomatoes whole
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin oil
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 3 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- ¼ red pepper flakes optional
Lightly oil a saute pan large enough to hold all the tomatoes in one layer.
Arrange tomatoes in the pan. Add herbs and seasonings, to taste, spread the mixture evenly.
Place on the stove at low heat and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the tomatoes start to pop. Stir occasionally.
Remove from the stove.
Sprinkle with chopped basil and thyme/parsley to garnish.
Serve hot or place in a storage container at room temperature.